Applying a unique, highly creative hands-on approach, Writing for Interior Design builds on design students' visual communication skills to develop their ability to express themselves verbally. It leads students from basic writing skills to fluency in a wide range of genres that professionals need for communication with colleagues, employers, suppliers, clients, and the market. It also provides guidance for entrepreneurial designers in start-up practices with limited budgets.
• Documents and forms that serve as models of professional writing
• Marginal tips that highlight strategies for effective communication
• Provocative discussion questions and exercises to link classroom learning to
application in the workplace
• Audience and Writing Style
• Description: The Basis for Writing about Interiors
• Analysis: A Tool for Understanding
• Professional Identity and Capability Presentation
• Writing to Win Business
• Writing for Agreement
• Contracts for Construction and Fabrication
• Contract Administration: Fixtures, Furnishings, and Equipment
• Writing in the Design Office
• Contract Administration: Construction and Installation
• Marketing through Promotion, Advertising, and Publicity
• Selling Yourself to Prospective Employers
Instructors and Students:
Be sure that you are logged in to view your resources. If you have just registered for a new account. If you have problems accessing the resources or wish to request access to a specific resource, please contact your account manager.
has taught professional writing, basic composition, and creative writing courses at such colleges and universities as New York Institute of Technology, The New School, Trinity College, and New York University. She has also served as an editorial consultant on vocational textbooks and is the author of a collection of short stories and a prize-winning novel.