- FEB 20, 2020
|Paperback + Studio||9781501342493|
|eBook + Studio||9781501342486|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
What's in the book
Learn how to make ethical decisions on a daily basis.
Industry professionals share with you the dilemmas they’ve faced in their careers around issues like factory conditions, fair wages, fast fashions, designer knock-offs, shoplifting, and controversial advertising, to help you do the right thing. The book covers corporate social responsibility, social media, social compliance audits, diversity, and human rights, among many other topics. Case Studies, Profiles, and other box features highlight current events and notable industry professionals.
Table of Contents
1. Ethics in Everyday Life
2. Positioning Fashion Companies To Meet Today’s Consumer Demands
3. Corporate Culture
4. Management, Supervision, and Workplace Issues
5. Processes and Pitfalls in Fashion Design and Product Development
6. Manufacturing and Sourcing Fashion Products in a Global Industry
7. Advertising and Promotion
8. Selling: Decisions, Practices, and Professional Ethics
About The Authors
V. Ann Paulins is the Senior Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies and the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer for the Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education at Ohio University, USA.
Julie L. Hillery is an associate clinical professor of Fashion and Retail Studies at The Ohio State University, USA.
- Fairchild Books
- 30 bw illus