EBOOK + STUDIO
- FEB 07, 2019
|Paperback + Studio||9781501334245|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
What's in the bookFind out more
What's in the Studio?Find out more
"This is a useful step-by-step guide for starting your own apparel boutique or online business." Marissa Zorola, University of North Texas, US
Written by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs, the book explains management, market segmentation, financial statements, cash flow, accessing capital, e-commerce, and omni-channel retailing. A hypothetical business plan that builds with each chapter and examples of business models from Warby Parker and Etsy give you a framework for building a successful fashion company. Profiles of entrepreneurs and exercises in a book illustrated with more than 100 images show you how to apply the process to your own ideas.
-Instructor's Guide provides suggestions for planning the course and using the text in the classroom, supplemental assignments, and lecture notes
-Test Bank includes sample test questions for each chapter
-PowerPoint® presentations include images from the book and provide a framework for lecture and discussion
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
- Practice your skills with downloadable worksheets to complete the end of chapter Business Plan Connection exercises
- Download Business Plan and Financial Plan templates to get your business off the ground
Table of Contents
How to Use the STUDIO Resources
Introduction Case Study: RealWomen, Inc.
1. Becoming a Fashion Retail Entrepreneur
2. Developing a Road Map for Success
3. Analyzing the Industry and Finding Customers
4. Identifying the Product and the Business Concept
5. Planning a Strategy to Open a Business
6. Finding the Right Location for the Business
7. Building an Online Business
8. Reaching Customers and Driving Sales
9. Building a Team to Drive Success
10. Planning the Merchandise Assortment
11. Building the Financial Plan
12. Developing Operating and Control Systems
Appendix A Support Organizations: Resources for the Fashion Retail Entrepreneur
Appendix B Planning to Exit the Business
Appendix C Valuing a Business
Appendix D Sample Business Plan: RealWomen, Inc.
Appendix E Blank Business Plan Template
About The Authors
Michele M. Granger was a full professor in the Fashion and Interior Design Department, College of Business Administration, at Missouri State University, US.
Ann Cantrell is an Assistant Professor in the Fashion Business Management Department at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), US and owner of Annie’s Blue Ribbon General Store in Brooklyn, NY.
Tina M. Sterling is an entrepreneur and serves as a consultant to businesses across the US.
- eBook + Studio
- Fairchild Books
- 141 bw illus
Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions12 decks of flashcards
Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips12 quizzes
TOOLS AND RESOURCES
Practice your skills and enhance your knowledge with activities and resources19 downloadable files