GLOBAL SOURCING IN THE TEXTILE AND APPAREL INDUSTRY
Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
What's in the book
Over 95% of today’s textile and apparel products are globally sourced, making sourcing one of the most important business functions in the industry. Global Sourcing in the Textile and Apparel Industry,2nd Edition examines this crucial function in the textile and apparel industries, providing practical insight into both how and why global sourcing is pursued. Chapters include step-by-step global sourcing procedures and explore the theoretical, political, economic, social, and environmental implications of global sourcing decisions with an emphasis on sustainability. A real-world approach using current examples and hypothetical company called Amazing Jean helps students see how sourcing tasks are completed in the fashion industry.
New to this Edition
- New cases studies at the end of each chapter offer real-life scenarios that today’s sourcers may face
- Emphasis on sustainable implications of global sourcing integrated throughout
- Current trade data, agreements, and examples of industry trends throughout the book
- Added coverage of trend analysis and forecasting in sourcing (Chapter 5)
- Significant updates to the future of global sourcing section, including technology, UN’s sustainable development goals, and on- or near-shoring trends (Chapter 12)
- 25% new color images
- New glossary includes essential terms and definitions from the book
Teaching Resources: Instructor's Guide, Test Bank, and PowerPoint presentations available.
Table of Contents
About the Author
1. Introduction to Global Sourcing
2. Theoretical Perspective of Global Sourcing
3. Trends in Global Sourcing
4. Global Sourcing Options
5. Step 1. New Product Development
6. Step 2. Macro Environmental Analysis
7. Step 3, Micro-Level Supplier Analysis
8. Step 4: Purchase Order and Methods of Payment
9. Step 5: Preproduction, Production, and Quality Assurance
10. Step 6: Logistics and Importing Processes
11. Step 7: Sourcing Performance Evaluation
12. Current and Future of Global Sourcing
About The AuthorsJung Ha-Brookshire is Associate Professor in the Department of Textile and Apparel Management at the University of Missouri, US. She is a Fulbright Scholar who teaches and researches global sourcing after 8 years of apparel sourcing industry experience in New York City.
- Page count:
- Fairchild Books
- 8.5 x 11 "
- 30 color illus 40 color photos 30 bw photos