EBOOK + STUDIO
- SEP 06, 2018
|Paperback + Studio||9781501335259|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
Guide to Producing a Fashion Show, Fourth Edition, explains all aspects of fashion show production including: reasons to produce a show, planning, model selection, merchandise selection, staging and music, budgeting, show preparation, execution, and evaluation. The fourth edition has behind-the-scenes examples, best practices and innovative approaches in fashion show production—from promotion using social media to selecting music and models. Whether you are experienced or a novice, this text shows you step-by-step how to plan, organize, promote, and execute an exciting fashion show.
New to this Edition
- Includes examples from couture and ready-to-wear shows, as well as innovative approaches including non-traditional fashion shows and fashion presentations
- New information on careers in the fashion industry that are related to fashion show production, like styling, public relations, and event management
- New perforated worksheets include documents and templates to plan a fashion show
- 25% new photographs
- Discussions of diversity in the fashion industry and current trends
- More coverage and examples from menswear and global fashion capitals
At the STUDIO, students can:
- download sample forms and templates,
- watch videos and images related to material covered in the chapters,
- access other tools such as self-quizzes and flashcards.
Table of Contents
How to Use the STUDIO
List of Forms in the STUDIO
1. Fashion Dolls, Supermodels, and Celebrities: Fashion Show History
2. The World of the Runway: Types of Fashion Shows
3. Planning a Fashion Show
4. Fashion Show Promotion
5. Selecting and Organizing Runway Looks
6. The Catwalk: Models and Modeling
7. Staging, Lighting, and Music
8. The Show
About The Authors
Judith C. Everett is Emeritus Professor of Merchandising in the School of Communication at Northern Arizona University, US.
Kristen K. Swanson is a Professor of Merchandising in the School of Communication at Northern Arizona University, US.
José Blanco F. is an Associate Professor in the Department of Apparel Merchandising and Design at Dominican University, US.
- eBook + Studio
- Fairchild Books
- 227 bw illus
Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions8 decks of flashcards
Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips8 quizzes
TOOLS AND RESOURCES
Practice your skills and enhance your knowledge with activities and resources14 downloadable files